If you’re a high school student preparing for college or a freshly minted graduate looking to start a career, we provide internships, co-ops and entry-level positions to help you get the most from your educational experience. It's part of our mission to invest in our regional talent supplied by the Tennessee Valley’s colleges and universities, and to identify and develop the next generation of talent
Recent College Graduate Opportunities
As you approach graduation—or even after graduation—consider launching your career at TVA. Our entry-level positions provide more than just a job; they offer opportunities to serve and make a real impact on the Tennessee Valley region. Check our website throughout the year as we are constantly sharing information about opportunities for recent graduates. View available college recruit openings at our Careers at TVA page.
Internship and Cooperative Education Opportunities
If you want to identify a meaningful experience before you graduate, consider doing an internship or co-op with us. We offer opportunities for fall, spring and summer work terms and winter holiday breaks. We also use these programs as great ways to select future full-time employees.
Not only will you gain meaningful experience, but you'll also receive the following benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate: We pay you a competitive hourly rate based on your class standing (e.g. grad student, senior, junior, etc.).
- Free parking: We offer discounted parking, even reimbursing you in metro areas such as Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis and Washington, D.C.
- Reimbursement for travel: We reimburse you for work-related travel expenses.
- Housing assistance: If you work with us full-time and your official TVA workstation is more than 50 miles from your permanent home address and temporary school address, you may be eligible for our housing assistance.
Interns may work for one or more terms based on our business needs and on performance. Co-op students generally commit to work for more than one term. You'll alternate school and work terms based on a schedule determined by TVA working in conjunction with your school.
Requirements for Internships and Co-ops
- Two-year intern or co-op candidates must be enrolled in an accredited two-year technical or community college and have completed two semesters of study there.
- Four-year intern or co-op candidates must be enrolled in an accredited four-year college or university and have completed their freshman year there.
To apply, you must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen (or authorized to work in the United States) who:
- Demonstrates fitness for duty, which includes passing a drug screen
- Successfully completes at least 30 credit hours of college courses
Meet our intern or co-op eligibility requirements? Visit our Careers at TVA page to apply for a posted internship today!
NOTE: Students who are the son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, husband or wife of an officer of the company (vice president and above) will be required to disclose name, title, department, and relationship information on their application.
Also, if a relative would supervise you, work directly with you or hold an administrative relationship with you, we would exclude you from a co-op or internship in their organization. You will be required on your application to disclose name, title, department, and relationship information.
Take the Next Step
Meet our intern or co-op eligibility requirements? Visit our Careers at TVA page to apply for a posted internship where you can indicate your major during the application process.
High School and Middle School Opportunities
Interested in exploring a fascinating, well-paying career that uses your smarts and the skills you’ve learned in your classes? Learn more about the challenges and fun that a career in energy provides.
- Get Into Energy: Interested in an energy industry career? Find out what skills you need, what you’ll do and what people say about their jobs.
- TVA Kids: If you’re a middle school student, learn more about how we make electricity, how to save energy and how solar and wind energy make the environment cleaner.
Please email us at email@example.com.