TVA Campgrounds Closed for Winter, Reopen Spring 2023
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Tennessee Valley Authority has closed its six campgrounds for winter and they will reopen on March 15, 2023. This closure does not affect TVA’s day-use recreation areas dam reservations or undeveloped recreation lands as they remain open year-round.
The closed TVA campgrounds are:
- Cherokee Dam — Cherokee Dam Reservation in Jefferson City, Tenn.
- Douglas Dam Headwater — Douglas Dam Reservation near Sevierville, Tenn.
- Douglas Dam Tailwater — Douglas Dam Reservation near Sevierville, Tenn.
- Melton Hill Dam — Melton Hill Dam Reservation near Lenoir City, Tenn.
- Watauga Dam — Watauga Dam Reservation near Elizabethton, Tenn.
- Pickwick Dam – Pickwick Dam Reservation near Savannah, Tenn.
TVA is currently taking reservations for the 2023 camping season online through Vista Recreation, which operates the campgrounds for TVA.
“TVA campgrounds continue to be a popular destination because of the variety of amenities and great value they offer visitors,” said Tina Guinn, manager, TVA Recreation. “And we continue to partner with Vista Recreation to maintain and improve the sites so that next season’s campgrounds’ experience is as enjoyable as this one.”